- Name: dc3dd
- Version: 7.2.646
- Release: 1.mga6
- Group: Security
- License: GPLv2+
- Url: http://dc3dd.sourceforge.net/
- Summary: Patched version of GNU dd for use in computer forensics
- Architecture: x86_64
- Size: 343324
- Distribution: Mageia
- Vendor: Mageia.Org
- Packager: akien <akien>
dc3dd is a patched version of GNU dd to include a number of features useful
for computer forensics. Many of these features were inspired by dcfldd, but
were rewritten for dc3dd.
* Pattern writes. The program can write a single hexadecimal value or a
text string to the output device for wiping purposes.
* Piecewise and overall hashing with multiple algorithms and variable
size windows. Supports MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, and SHA-512. Hashes can be
computed before or after conversions are made.
* Progress meter with automatic input/output file size probing
* Combined log for hashes and errors
* Error grouping. Produces one error message for identical sequential
* Verify mode. Able to repeat any transformations done to the input
file and compare it to an output.
* Ability to split the output into chunks with numerical or alphabetic
- OptFlags: -O2 -g -pipe -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4
- Cookie: ecosse.mageia.org 1480763116
- Buildhost: ecosse.mageia.org